EU/IFAD Investments in agricultural research to enhance development outcomes and impact
About 40 participants attended a workshop organized by IFAD on ‘EU/IFAD Investments in Agricultural Research. Towards sustainable agriculture, climate-smart rural transformation and social development’, 24-25 May 2018, at AfricaRice Headquarters, in Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire.
The goal of the workshop was to provide a platform for grant recipients, mainly CGIAR researchers and partners, to demonstrate how the projects supported by EU/IFAD in West and Central Africa contribute to the development of farming systems based on technologies and innovations in the context of food and nutrition security and climate change. The participants discussed ways to generate and strengthen synergies and complementarities in order to respond to issues facing smallholder farming communities. Importance was given to share experiences and identify actions on how research can contribute to development outcomes and impacts.
In the news
• ORYLUX6 ET ARICA9, DEUX NOUVELLES VARIETES DE RIZ QU’AFRICARICE VEUT PROMOUVOIR EN COTE D’IVOIRE
• AfricaRice veut utiliser les innovations technologiques pour impacter la filière rizicole
• Welcome speech by Dr Malu Ndavi, Lead Technical Specialist, IFAD https://goo.gl/nWrhwJ
• Official launching speech by Mr Patrick Houben, Representative of the EU Delegation in Côte d’Ivoirehttps://goo.gl/LeLJKG
• Official opening session presentation by Dr Harold Roy-Macauley, Director General, AfricaRicehttps://goo.gl/92eaBQ
• IFAD-AfricaRice-AR4D Priorities : AfricaRice Social Scientist Dr Josey Kamanda presenting on "Capitalizing on the potential of inland valleys for food and nutrition security in West Africa"https://goo.gl/4c28Jt
Photos Scenes from the workshop ‘EU/IFAD Investments in Agricultural Research. Towards sustainable agriculture, climate-smart rural transformation and social development’, 24-25 May 2018, at AfricaRice Headquarters, in Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire.https://goo.gl/Dy1yxR